The Strapped Insane KillerZ!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ps3 Clan (SiK)

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SiK's Youtube account  Donate  

whats packet injection???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
megadoofus
Soldier
Soldier
megadoofus

Location : San Diego, California!!! should i be west coast captain?

whats packet injection??? Empty
PostSubject: whats packet injection???   whats packet injection??? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 3:00 pm

read the title cuz i got a code but dn tknow how to use it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: whats packet injection???   whats packet injection??? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 4:59 pm

i have no idear too!
Back to top Go down
Fulgore84
Soldier
Soldier
Fulgore84

PostSubject: Re: whats packet injection???   whats packet injection??? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 9:11 pm

Packet injection as a way of ‘hacking’.

Changing values in packets and injecting them back into the network so the changed values are read and applied instead of default values.

Problems:

* Identifying which values to change in what packets

* Need a combination of an ELF file and probably other stuff

* Many others as soon as we get started

Packet injection as a way of enabling CVARs

Copy write edited game save and inject a packet back to the server to respond to the overwriting query to trick the server into thinking the game save has been overwritten back to its default info.

Problems

* The form Set “CVAR” doesn’t work anymore so need to include CVAR commands in custom code.

* Which packets to inject and how to modify them to be accepted as genuine by the server, time stamps etc.

* Copy writing the game save in a format which can be read by the PS3

How To 'Packet Sniff'

Use this to packet sniff:
Wireshark - Freeware

Wireshark is a good analyzer too.

To modify and inject use these
Packetyzer - Freeware
Commview - Shareware

These also have packet sniffing functions but can also modify and inject packets.

Make sure to set these to monitor traffic in promiscuous mode. Close all other programs that use internet such as browsers or IMs as to filter out irrelevant info.

Set Up Your Network

To get good network traffic use one of these methods:

* Play the PS3 through your PC via PS3 proxy – mixed results. (method shown below)

* Connect your PS3 and PC to a hub then connect the hub to a router

* Set your network up so all traffic runs through a gateway with the IP same as the routers IP and set the sniffer to that IP.

see how it goes with your current setup first. You may get decent results already.

Starting packet sniffing:

This method uses the PS3 proxy. If you have your network set up so you can see all network traffic without PS3 proxy then just use the packet sniffers as is.

1 Download PS3 Proxy Here
2 Go to Start > Run then type "cmd" and click OK. In the command box that will pop up type “ipconfig” and press enter. Copy down the number that is your IP address, usually something like 192.168.0.2.
3 install PS3 proxy. Go to C:\Program Files\CF3B5\PS3.ProxyServer and click on PS3.ProxyServer.GUI.
4 In the PS3 proxy window type in your IP address and check the ‘PS3 mode’ box and click start.
5 Install Wireshark or Packetyzer or Commview or whatever you like. In the program select the network adapter of your PC if it is not already selected.
6 On your PS3 go to Settings > Network Settings > Internet Connection Settings > Custom. Keep on pressing X or right until you get to ‘Proxy Server’ and choose ‘Use’. Enter the same IP you put in PS3 proxy. Keep on pressing X or right until it reaches the end and choose not to test connection.
7 Start your packet sniffing program to capture packets, go to your PS3 and play COD4 online multiplayer.
8 Once you played a couple of games or whatever, go to the packet sniffer and stop it. Look through the packets and see if you what has been captured.

Beyond this, it is no mans land and we are currently trying to figure out what to do next.

Note: there are likely many other methods so go nuts!
Back to top Go down
Glasgow009
mod
mod
Glasgow009

PostSubject: Re: whats packet injection???   whats packet injection??? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 9:54 pm

wow fulgore.
u know ur stuff.
Back to top Go down
Fulgore84
Soldier
Soldier
Fulgore84

PostSubject: Re: whats packet injection???   whats packet injection??? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 5:30 am

actually i asked one of my friends cuz hes into all the computer and console hackinstuff and he gave me that. so the credit goes to him
Back to top Go down
megadoofus
Soldier
Soldier
megadoofus

Location : San Diego, California!!! should i be west coast captain?

PostSubject: Re: whats packet injection???   whats packet injection??? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 3:45 am

wWOWOWOWOWOOW
WHOOOT
thanks a bunch Fulgore
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: whats packet injection???   whats packet injection??? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 9:01 am

wow alot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: whats packet injection???   whats packet injection??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

whats packet injection???
Page 1 of 1